5.17.2010

23 Things, Week 10, Part Dos

I am experiencing technical difficulties-- if/when I can find a video cam that works with Windows Movie Maker, I'll fill in the rest of this blog entry.
(tempus fugit...)
OK, I'm back. It took me a really long time to get this video together. I'll probably think it was fun in a week or two, but right now I'm feeling lingering frustration. I had this really neat idea that almost did me in because nothing seemed to work right. Initially I thought I'd use my Acer webcam to shoot the video and edit it in Windows Movie Maker. It quickly became apparent I wasn't going to be able to hold the Acer still enough and aim it accurately. So I checked my Sony Power Shot digital camera, and hooray! it had the capability to make movie clips! I made several, then tried to load them to Movie Maker. No dice. Sony is sooooooo proprietary and Movie Maker hated the file format. Scratch Sony. The library owns a Flipcam and I borrowed it. It was very simple to use and has reasonable sound and picture quality. I filmed all my clips, then tried to import those to Movie Maker. Ooops, I didn't have the right codec. Sigh. Tried downloading the magic codec to no avail. Finally had to install the software included on the Flipcam to my laptop to make Movie Maker "see" the files in all their glory. Did some editing and adding of titles and credits, et viola:



No comments:

Post a Comment