3.19.2010

23 Things, Week 7

I created a Twitter account (davenportwinery) for my family business about 6 months ago and have used it to post changes in store hours, upcoming events, and availability of our various products to our followers. We are a small "stealth" winery and generally do not use paid advertising, preferring instead to rely on the occasional newspaper/TV piece and word of mouth. Twitter seems to fit this model very well as it allows our customers to choose whether to follow us. We have a link to our Twitter page on our website, and our following has been steadily, if slowly, growing. We tend not to tweet as often as we probably should, but I follow a couple of individuals who tweet about every 20 minutes, and frankly, it wears me out. I hope not to have that effect on others.

I have posted vineyard and winery related pictures on Twitpic and posted them to our Twitter page—very handy and very similar to what I can do on Facebook. I am looking forward to making our tweets display on our Facebook page in the same way that my blog posts do: one go-to spot for everything!

For the 23ThingsKs assignment, I began following qtbooboo (a co-worker), davidleeking (I have continuing interest in all things tech), lybrarian (I like the way she spelled "librarian"), and the 23thingsks group (to help keep me updated on 23ThingsKs). I haven’t really followed long enough to know if their posts are helpful, but they’re certainly entertaining!

Microblogging is an excellent way to deliver small format info quickly, so it’s great for our business. For personal use, since I’m already on Facebook, that will suffice for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment