3.09.2010

23 Things, Week 6

I’ve heard about Delicious for some time, just never had the inclination to investigate what it was about. Now that I’ve set up an account (fermentedlibrarian) and played with it a bit, I can see the value of using it, if only for organizing private bookmarks. I sometimes use a different browser (Firefox instead of IE), and it sure will simplify trying to keep my bookmarks synched between the two. It’s also easier to figure out what some of those bookmarks are, since I’m able to include notes about each one. The tagging option provides a myriad of ways to arrange and rearrange lists of bookmarks – something not possible with IE Favorites. Lists that I refer to most often can then be bundled.

The option to send individual bookmarks to others is great, as it the ability to share public bookmarks and bundles. I’m still looking for a way to send a bundle other than emailing the URL—is that possible? And one other thing I want to try out is using a cloud format tag roll on my own website.

No comments:

Post a Comment