3.04.2010

23 Things, Week 4

I spent quite a bit of time browsing through images on Flickr. Originally I began searching for library related images, then I strayed a little to other topics (cats, cars, etc.). I wanted to find something library-ish that was edgy or out of the ordinary. I clicked past the Nancy Pearl shushing figurine, the cat-who'd-broken-a-librarian-toy, the librarian tattoos and the erotic librarian bookjacket (sheesh). Still not happy with what I'd found, I added a new search term: zombie librarian. Just the ticket! I found this lovely shot by Matthew Stewart* of a clever makeup/costume job for the 2009 Zombie Walk in Brisbane. Can't imagine how the book stayed in place for any length of time. I believe libraries could attract a whole new audience if this manner of dress became the norm. (Tongue firmly in cheek, folks.) This is the first time I've used Flickr and didn't really know what to expect. It was fun to see how many oddball images there are. I'll definitely be a return visitor.
*See more of his work at http://www.flickr.com/photos/aramisfirefly/

No comments:

Post a Comment